According to the CDC, about 3,600 babies in the United States die yearly due to SUID or Sudden Unexpected Infant Death. Any Day Care in New Jersey would know that his term is not one disease but refers to the sudden and unexpected death of an infant less than 1-year-old. The cause of which is not obvious before investigation.
While researchers don’t know the exact cause of this, it has been known that these deaths often occur as the child is asleep or in the child’s sleeping area. As a day care center in Essex County, New Jersey we strive to reduce the risk of SUID. Here are some tips for caregivers:
- Place the baby on their back for all sleeping times whether that’s a nap or at night
- Use a flat sleep surface such as a mattress in a safety-approved crib covered by a fitted sheet
- Keep the baby’s sleep area in the same room where you sleep
- Keep soft beddings, bumper pads, and toys out of the baby’s sleeping area
- Do not cover the baby’s head or let them get too hot
Are you looking for a day care center in Bloomfield, New Jersey that will ensure your child’s safety as you are away? We at The Education Station Day Care Center will make sure to keep your child’s personal and social well-being in mind.
We are day care in Montclair, New Jersey providing programs for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.